Arkansas Lieutenant Governor Darr is hosting a dozen of his colleagues to examine economic development and public safety opportunities available toArkansas. Lieutenant Governor Darr is hosting the Executive Committee meeting in Little Rock, Arkansas, November 20 – 22, 2013.
Speakers at the meeting include:
· Former Federal Emergency Management Assn. (FEMA) Director James Lee Witt
· Former Congressman Asa Hutchinson, the nation’s first-ever Border & Transportation Security Undersecretary
· U.S. Dept. of Labor Unemployment Insurance Administrator Gay Gilbert
· Arkansas State Economic Forecaster Dr. Michael Pakko
· Federal Maritime Commissioner William Doyle … and more.
“It is a privilege to host the NLGA Executive Committee meeting in Little Rock. This unique opportunity allows us to showcase Arkansas’ world-class workforce and partnerships for economic progress,” said Lt. Governor Darr. Lt. Governor Darr is working with his peers in a bi-partisan manner to identify current and future policy trends and best practices for consideration among lieutenant governors moving into the 2014 sessions.