Harding University officials will break ground on a new center for health sciences. The cost of the facility is approximately $9 million.
When: 10 a.m., Monday, July 2, 2012
Where: At the construction site, just east of the Farrar Center for Health Sciences on East Park Avenue.
Details: The 40,000 square-foot, two-story center, scheduled for completion by fall 2013, will house the Carr College of Nursing and the department of communication sciences and disorders.
Carr College of Nursing
- 30,000 square feet
- 4,650-square-foot clinical practice center
- 600-square-foot skills lab
- Nursing advising center, faculty conference room and administrative offices.
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- 10,000 square feet
- 3,760-square-foot speech clinic
- 11 child and adult therapy rooms
- Speech lab and swallow lab
- 10 faculty offices and a graduate study lounge
Both programs will share an 800-square-foot computer lab and four classrooms, three at 1,000 square feet and one at 1,520 square feet.
For more information, contact:
Director of News Services